SMS is seeking and Event Management Engineer to support our Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Springfield, VA. You
must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
In this role, you will perform installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Event Management System (EMS). The JRSS EMS is built on the IBM Tivoli Netcool Product suite. You will work to develop shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks. Additionally, you will produce standard documentation such as System Design Procedures (SDP), Engineering Design Procedures (EDP), Techniques Tactics and Procedures (TTP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires BS degree and 9+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered
in lieu of degree
Certification and Clearance Requirement:
Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification (Security+CE) or higher
Must hold ACTIVE Secret Security clearance
• Experience with EMS tools; including architecture, installation, configuration, and administration
• Event management rules development, performance threshold management, event analysis
• Experience with tools in an enterprise environment
• A solid understanding of SNMP, Syslog, RMON, and other messaging and agent facilities
• Good understanding of integrations, protocols, data flow, and databases
• Good understanding of industry standards and best practices i.e., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management
(ITSM), ITU-T Telecommunications Management Network (TMN), and others.
• Strong background with Linux and Windows operating systems and servers
• Scripting and programming languages including Perl, Shell Scripting, VBScript, HTML, CGI, PHP, or other
• Specialized experience with the IBM Tivoli Netcool Suite - Omnibus, Probes, WebGUI, Websphere, Jazz, ITM, ITNM, Impact, TCR, TBSM and DB2
• Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.