SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
The AFNCR IT Services program provides support services for information systems for Headquarters Air Force (HAF), Air Force District of Washington (AFDW), Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Chiefs of Staff, and other Air Force activities within the AFNCR, missions to include the Pentagon, Joint Base Andrews (JBA), Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling (JBAB), and other locations, leased spaces, and alternate sites. The major support areas required are: IT Operations and Maintenance; Plans, Projects, and Engineering (PP&E); The senior leaders and national defense missions that are supported require that the AFNCR operations never fail, resulting in a fast-paced, challenging, but also rewarding environment.
Will provide SME level support for Enterprise level Storage Systems at Joint Base Andrews with potential travel to other selected locations.
Will perform a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware’s vSphere, Horizon and EMC) on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Leidos’ s data center environments.
- Responsible for capturing, analyzing and decomposing system requirements in order to generate and document design solutions that will be implemented, tested and eventually transitioned to the operational environment.
-Managing and optimizing EMC VNX systems, Avamar and CommVault backup routines.
- Work with leads in other sub-systems, customers, and process owners to insure solution integration.
- Produce and maintain documentation of the server sub-systems in the data center environment, including as-built documentation, capacity/performance plans, as well as all other areas of server system life-cycle planning.
- Explore new technologies related to the backup discipline, and making recommendations for their introduction into the data center environment.
- Troubleshoot and manage problem resolution including root cause analysis.
- Adhere to company policies and processes including change control, security, corporate policies.
- Function as the technical lead for all design-to-cost and life-cycle activities for small-to medium-scale projects.
- Establish and recommend changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Provide guidance to others to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
-EMC Certifications desired, VNX, V-Max, Recovery Point sub-systems.
-Experience with Enginuity, Symmetrix CLI, Navisphere and/or CentraStar
-NetApp experience is a plus, 3000 and 6000 series filers with ONTAP 8/9.XX.
-Brocade experience desired with DCX series Fibre Channel switches
-Requires Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field and 12+ years of relevant experience. Additional years of related experience, training, and/or certifications accepted in lieu of a degree.
-Must hold current or obtain with 90 days of start date DoD 8570 IAT2 certification Security+ CE or higher.
-Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
-Develop sound solutions to complex problems, produce system level reports, report status to Senior level Management.
-Proven Subject Matter Expert skills working with / Supporting Enterprise level EMC Storage and Backup Solutions.
-ITIL training and/or certification
-Past experience with the U.S. Air Force / Department of Defense
-Customer interface experience
-Managing Active Directory/ADFS and DFS
-Network knowledge and experience
-Working knowledge of EMC and other storage devices
-Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
-ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.