SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
The Storage Backup and Recovery Systems Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems and hardware.
- Responsible for updating to new systems, as well as the support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall backup health is good (covering file systems, databases, and SharePoint), offsite backups are maintained properly, and day to day restoral of data when needed is handled in a proper manner
- Responsible for developing technical solutions that require collaboration with internal SME's and understanding of impact on the end-product/solution.
- Develop solutions to system/network/hardware issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
Will provide Storage Engineering expertise at Joint Base Andrews with potential travel to other selected locations. Will perform a variety of engineering and operational related assignments associated with SAN and Storage operations, and virtualization software (VMware’s vSphere, Horizon and EMC) on a set of enterprise-level IT systems in support of Leidos’ s data center environments.
•Requires BS degree and a minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience
• Requires an active DOD Secret clearance
• Strong oral, written, interpersonal and organizational skills
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.