SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
Position summary: Provides physical and virtual networking for highly virtualized development, test, evaluation, and productions environments.
-Minimum clearance: Both Secret and TS/SCI
-Required certification(s): Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline (+5 years’ experience), Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related technical discipline (+7 years’ experience, or High School diploma (+12 years’ experience); DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification (Security+ or equivalent)
• Set-up, configuration, and support of internal and external networks
• Identify and analyze systems requirements
• Develop and maintain network configurations
• Troubleshoot network performance issues
• Provide user support and guidance
• Set up IP schemas for multi-tenant environments
• Configure physical and virtual switching, routing, and firewall protocols, ports, and services
• Recommend and implement upgrades, patches, new applications and new equipment
• Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Strong networking, Cisco, and Juniper background
• Experience with NSX and/or other virtual networking software
• Working knowledge of network standards, protocols, security, and applications
• Hands-on experience with network equipment including hubs, routers, switches, bridges, firewalls, servers, transmission media, and related hardware
• Hands-on experience with network systems design, development, testing, installation, operations, management, and maintenance concepts and methods
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.