SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
The role of the SLA manager is to ensure all Data Center program Service Level Agreements (SLA's) are designed and delivered according to the Performance Work Statement (PWS). This includes developing, managing, and reporting SLA performance in accordance with data center service technical managers, business office, and the customer Program Management Office (PMO). Demonstrated experience with ITSM tools is required. Must be comfortable briefing SLA performance and issues to a wide audience of technical and non-technical decision makers and consumers of SLA performance information. The successful candidate will brief SLA Performance at weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reviews.
Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
2-5 years’ experience related to SLA development and management
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.