SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
The Sr. Passive Engineer participates as part of an Implementation Team and will work with customers and project managers to implement customer requirements. The candidate responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
1. Serves as technical lead for passive implementation projects.
2. Participates in and updates Site Surveys as required to implement designed solutions
3. Provides guidance to and supervision of lower level Passive Engineers and Technicians
4. Provides technical advice and guidance on installation, adaptation, configuration and/or enhancement of company technical products, programs and systems.
5. Provides expertise for resolving technical problems.
6. Modifies products, programs and systems to customer requirements.
7. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
8. Provides end-user training.
9. Performs various tests and documents results.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent years of experience
Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) - REQUIRED
8 - 10 years of related engineering experience.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.