Standard Job Description
- Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products.
- Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
Specific Job Description
- Administer Red Hat Ansible Engine and Ansible Tower. Create and run playbooks to help automate server builds and updates, audit configurations, and ensure STIG compliance.
- Perform daily Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system administration functions.
- Support Splunk application deployment and be familiar with syslog configurations.
- Coordinates firewall requirements for network management.
- Manage the CSI Remedy queue and ensure tickets are assigned to technicians appropriately.
- Candidate must be proficient in UNIX and Windows.
- Candidate must be well versed with the operation of network devices and have a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, SNMP and Syslog.
- Candidate must be in compliance with DOD 8570 training and certification requirements.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
- Candidate must have strong Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system administration skills.
- Manage Virtual Machines (VMs) using VMWare tools.
- Skilled in PERL/Shell scripting.
- A solid understanding of SNMP, Syslog, RMON, and other messaging and agent facilities.
- Must be experienced with administering applications with high availability, redundancy, and survivability.
- Well versed with the operation of network devices and have a thorough understanding of TCP/IP, Syslog, and SNMP.
- Must be in compliance with DOD 8570 training and certification requirements within 6 months of hire.
- Specialized experience administering: Enterprise Management Tools and supporting applications and databases, including: Splunk, Apache, Java, Oracle and mySQL.
- Strong UNIX shell and/or PERL scripting skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills are a must. Our engineers are expected to be able to communicate clearly and with technical accuracy, design principles, and technical proposals.
- Good understanding of industry standards and best practices i.e., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), ITU-T Telecommunications Management Network (TMN), and others is desired.
- A solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing (IPv4, IPv6), and Internet routing protocols, is desired.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed