SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
General Summary: Designs and develops tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment
Candidate must have an active passport. Several international trips are required (expected duration of 1-3 weeks).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Using program requirements, design and execute test and verification activities for multiple IT Infrastructure environments
2. Create Test cases and scripts and work with Engineering teams and customer to implement recommended changes.
3. Create Test Briefs and Reports to summarize testing activities and results
4. Provide weekly status reports to Test Director
5. Interface with customer verification and validation team on a regular basis
6. Designs and develops tests and test requirements for products, systems, software and/or related components and equipment.
7. Troubleshoots problems and documents findings of tests.
8. Defines testing processes and ensures tests adhere to established standards.
9. May participate in quality assurance plan development.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required
2-5 years of related experience in testing, engineering or quality assurance.
Familiarity with one (or more) of the following technology capabilities\solutions:
Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas)
Networking (Data Center core routing, switching, firewall, VPN, load balancing)
Storage (SAN, Block & object storage, data backup solutions)
Virtualization (VMWare, VDI, vSphere)
Client Provisioning Services (CPS)
Desktop and application provisioning (SCCM, App-V, etc.)
Service Management & Control (SMC)
Enterprise Management technologies (BMC toolset: Remedy, Discovery, ITSM, TrueSight, Atrium Orchestrator)
Enterprise Control Services (ECS)
Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of test engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
3. Professional certification in one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.