SMS is a fast growing, veteran-owned business that's has supported Federal Government's IT initiatives for over four decades. We work side-by-side with our Federal clients as a trusted, long-term partner to offer innovative advice and leadership to solve their most pressing and complex problems. We orchestrate people, strategies, technologies and best-of-breed business processes. The SMS advantage in management and technology consulting includes deep domain expertise in complex networking design and unifying communities of interest.
We have strong capabilities in design & build, planning, governance, quality management, security, analytics, virtualization, operations and business process improvement. For 40 years, SMS has brought customer satisfaction to Federal clients and formed lasting alliances with leading technology companies and talented small businesses to deliver joint, leading-edge, cost-effective services and products.
Submit your resume today!
SMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SMS is a veteran-owned network integrator established in 1976. With an employee retention rate averaging over 5 years, our ability to hire quality people and retain them in a rapidly evolving IT market proves why we are a world-class information technology company. At SMS, we place a high value on quality of service, customer satisfaction, and best-of-breed policies and practices. As a result, SMS is proud to be ISO 9001:2008 Registered and a CMMI Level 3 certified company, ensuring that we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of our customers, partners and employees.
• As part of a a tri-zone help desk team, handles daily maintenance and monitoring of managed hardware and software for Hanscom AFB clients and customers, both classifed and unclassifed systems
• Support client voice issues, to include analog, VoIP and SIP services
Assists in workstation life-cycle rotations
• Ensures team provides support for remote clients and users
• Supports and complies with IT procedures for team and client usage
• Installs and configures systems in compliance with AFNet polices and asset management requirements
• Supports team in lifecycle management of existing and new hardware inventory using standard desktop images and entprise client management tools to build, patch secure and deploy desktop computer systems to include computer peripheral equipment
• Prepares and processes Information Technology assets for resource reutilization.
• Ensures workstations, peripherals, communications devices, and operating system/application software are properly configured for network operation, are on-line, and are available to users
• Periodically reviews processes and procedures and client configurations for completeness, effectiveness and compliance with information assurance polices and DISA STIGs
• Serves as the system troubleshooter, a critical role in keeping client systems operational
• Contacts the customer organization Point of Contact to coordinate hardware maintenance when necessary.
• Implements software patches and security fixes.
• Ensures all software installed on customer organization systems is appropriately licensed, authorized, and recorded in the base software license inventory.
• Handle daily maintenance and monitoring of managed hardware and software
• Work daily phone shifts for IT support desk, provide premier customer service and IT assistance
• Assist in workstation and server life-cycle rotations
• Provide support to Hanscom network users for desktop computer, mobile computing devices, peripheral equipment, hardware and software-related errors, configuration and connectivity problems/issues, via telephone, email, and desk-side
• Take ownership of problems, meet contract ticket resolution metric timelines on a daily basis
• Respond to assigned Remedy work orders, resolving issues and documenting resolution details in the work order
• Prepare, image, and install desktop and laptop computer systems and computer peripheral equipment
• Prepare and process IT for resource reutilization
• Windows desktop operating systems (Windows 7/10)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
• Microsoft Office products (2010/2013 and Office 365 cloud applications)
• Working knowledge MS Sharepoint
• Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
• Proficient with computer and server hardware
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong willingness to learn, follow and lead when needed
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Work Experience
1-4 years )1-4 years of experience and education requirements for this slot as bid on BLITS • Valid up-to-date CompTIA Security certification a must before start date on contract, "lifetime certification in Sec+" is not valid for the DoD, must have intial Sec+ certification valid within three years or have maintained CompTIA membership and Continuing Education Credits
- Secret Level DoD Security Clearance a must (ability to get clearance)